Friday, January 9, 2009

Food for Thought

I know that the next 12 months will be full of change. Why not grab it by the horns? I was perusing the web to find more "extremely relevant" blogs and tripped over this question. I was stopped in my tracks. Previously, I had been thinking how I would ride out this year and survive the inevitable changes. But this was a new twist. Why not pursue change regardless?

I have always been energized by learning new things and thinking in a new way (hince my degree choice in IDM). So this question hit a sore spot. Stop wallering around in the mud of economic woes and kick yourself in the butt! Who cares what is going on around you? Your situation doesn't control you. You control your situation and your outlook. Any student or professional should be asking themself this question:

What specific learning and development goals are you setting for yourself so you’re noticeably different at the end of 2009?
  • learn everything I can about CSS
  • begin to unravel what all those acronyms in the web world mean!
  • embrace my writing, planning, and analysis skills in a new light
  • do things that I've never done before
  • figure out what I need to learn (this is key!)
  • become more aware of the people and situations surrounding me
  • read through the Old Testament and begin to piece together the Bible in my brain

No comments:

Post a Comment